Sunday 27 December 2009

a (2)

- vintage fisherman's sweater
- H&M tweed shorts
- Undercover wool tights
- vintage snow boots
- vintage knit beret
- vintage silk scarf

Why does The Weather Channel have to come up with a "clever" (and I use that word sparingly) catch-phrase for every storm, flood and natural disaster? Apparently we're currently suffering from the "Winter Wallop". Seriously Weather Channel, knock it off. So far Mr. Wallop has dumped about 9 inches of glorious powdery snow on our front doorstep and it's still coming down in big, fat flakes. Luckily I have nothing to do today except help keep the sidewalk in front of our house clear. That mostly consists of me watching Tom sweep the sidewalk through the front door peephole while sipping hot chocolate. It's so cold out there!

Having grown up in Alabama and then living in California, I'm not used to this kind of snow. This is only the second time in my life I've ever seen this much of the white stuff (the first being the blizzard of '93 - I'm sure there was a catchphrase for that one too). While the adult in me is thinking about how to keep the house warm, digging the car out and sweeping the never-ending blanket from the steps and sidewalk, the kid in me just wants to stomp around in the deepest snow, throw snowballs and make snow angels.

b


CLICK NOW
COLLECTION OF WORLD'S BEST WALLPAPERS
WOW WHAT A BEAUTY
AMAZING NATURE
NATURE OF GOD
JAZZ OF LIFE
COOL PHOTOS BANK
BEAUTY OF WILDLIFE
BEST PHOTOS OF THE WORLD

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Toggle Footer